General Description of Coin Cafe's services
Currency Conversion & Volatility
ALL OF THE POINTS NOTED ABOVE APPLY TO ALL BITCOIN TRADING. THIS BRIEF STATEMENT CANNOT, OF COURSE, DISCLOSE ALL THE RISKS AND OTHER ASPECTS ASSOCIATED WITH THESE TRADES.
Transactions with Coin Cafe
Right to Suspend, Delay and Cancel Transactions
Refunds & Reversals
Accessing the Website and Account Registration
You are responsible for:
Security of User Information
Account Suspension, Termination & Cancellation
Relationship of Parties
Intellectual Property Rights
You must not:
Additionally, you agree not to:
Third-Party Content & Transactions
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
Reliance on Information Posted
Changes to the Website
Information About You and Your Visits to the Website
Links from the Website
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on LiabilityIN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
No WarrantyCOIN CAFE'S SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. COIN CAFE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. COIN CAFE DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT ACCESS TO ANY PART OF COIN CAFE'S SERVICES, OR ANY OF THE MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN, WILL BE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, ERROR-FREE, OR SECURE. OPERATION OF THE WEBSITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE BITCOIN MARKET, AND WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE REAL OR PERCEIVED VALUE OF BITCOIN AS DENOMINATED IN ANY QUOTED CURRENCY. ALTHOUGH WE MAY PROVIDE HISTORICAL AND/OR REAL-TIME DATA REGARDING THE PRICE OF BITCOIN, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, USEFULNESS, ACCURACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF SUCH DATA, AND YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON SUCH DATA FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE VALUE OF BITCOIN CAN BE VOLATILE, AND WE ARE NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES YOU MAY INCUR BY HOLDING OR TRADING BICOIN, EVEN IF COIN CAFE'S SERVICES ARE DELAYED, SUSPENDED, OR INTERRUPTED FOR ANY REASON. FURTHER, COIN CAFE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE QUALITY, SUITABILITY, TRUTH, USEFULNESS, ACCURACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF COIN CAFE'S SERVICES OR ANY MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN. COIN CAFE WILL MAKE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE THAT REQUESTS FOR ELECTRONIC DEBITS AND CREDITS INVOLVING BANK ACCOUNTS, CREDIT CARDS, AND CHECK ISSUANCES ARE PROCESSED IN A TIMELY MANNER BUT COIN CAFE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING THE AMOUNT OF TIME NEEDED TO COMPLETE PROCESSING BECAUSE COIN CAFE'S SERVICES ARE DEPENDENT UPON MANY FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL, SUCH AS DELAYS IN THE BANKING SYSTEM OR THE U.S. OR INTERNATIONAL MAIL SERVICE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Consent for Electronic Disclosures
Indemnification & Release
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Waiver and Severability
Third Party Applications
Your Comments and Concerns
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Childred Under the Age of 18
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as financial information, including bank account numbers, credit card numbers and related billing addresses and transaction information relating to your transactions on the Website.
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies, which is collected when you visit the Website and use CCI Services.
- From third parties, for example, credit bureaus or data aggregation services
Information You Provide to Us
- Contact information, such as your name, mailing and physical address, telephone number, and email address.
- Financial information, such as bank account numbers, credit card numbers and virtual currency account information.
- Government identification numbers, such as your social security number or a state-issued identification number.
- Biographic or demographic information, such as your date of birth, gender, occupation, employment status and any other information you choose to provide about yourself.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website and CCI Services or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or CCI Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies & How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals.
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about the transactions you complete using CCI Services, including amount of funds associated with a transaction and other transaction information.
- Information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the Website and CCI Services and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Information We Collect From Other Sources
How We Use Your Information
- To provide you with CCI Services and customer support.
- To process transactions and send notices about your transactions.
- To manage and provide you with notices about your account including technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Coin Café’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Coin Café about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Coin Café our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Your California Privacy Rights
Consent to Processing Outside Home Country
- All encrypted documents are stored on the Amazon S3 infrastructure.
- All client documents are secured using standard Amazon S3 as well as proprietary coincafe encryption.
- All sensitive data are encrypted and never stored as clear text, including passwords, tax identification numbers, and ID document data.
- All bitcoin transfers require 2-factor authentication (2FA).
- We recommend you turn on 2FA via Google Authenticator or Authy for your account.
- Regular penetration testing is performed on all aspects of our system.
- We respect responsible security disclosure. Please email us at [email protected]
- Our goal is to provide the simplest and fastest way to buy, sell and store bitcoins.
- We strive to maintain simplicity, yet ensure security.
Thanks for your interest in bitcoin. But due to financial regulations, we cannot support the use of Coin Cafe's system with Backpage.
Please go elsewhere for your bitcoin needs.
If you persist in engaging Coin Cafe, we may:
- Halt any transactions to Backpage's bitcoin wallet.
- Contact law enforcement.
- Close your Coin Cafe account.
Special Message to Victims of Ransomware
- coincafe.com uses the Coinapult Small Last Ask for the market rate.
- If that API is offline, we automatically use the Bitfinex last ask price for the market rate.
- If that API is offline, we automatically switch to using the Bitstamp last ask price for the market rate.
- And finally if all of the above APIs are unavailable, the website will use the Tradeblock XBX API for the market rate.
Business & Regulatory Information
Complaint Resolution Policy
PurposeThe intent of this policy is to ensure that concerns that clients may have with Coin Cafe (“Company”) are dealt with in a fair and timely manner.
Complaints can be initiated when a client is dissatisfied with the service provided by Coin Cafe or disagrees with a decision made by a Coin Cafe staff member. Clients who are dissatisfied with any aspect of Coin Cafe or its services may make a complaint, whether it is justified or not.
It is the policy of Coin Cafe to view complaints as an opportunity to learn and improve for the future. Our policy is to provide a fair complaint process, to ensure a fair investigation and to achieve complaint resolution in a prompt and timely manner. The Company also views the complaint process as a chance to put things right for the client that has made the complaint.
Definition of a ComplaintAs briefly mentioned above, a complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether justified or not, about any aspect of Coin Cafe. A complaint can be received by telephone, email or regular mail. Coin Cafe strives to:
- Provide a fair complaints procedure which is clear and easy to use for clients wishing to make a complaint;
- Publicize the existence of our complaints procedure so clients know how to contact us to make a complaint;
- Ensure everyone at Coin Cafe knows what to do if a complaint is received;
- Assure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely manner;
- Make sure that complaints are, whenever possible, resolved and relationships repaired; and,
- Gather information which helps us to improve services to our clients.
Who Can Make a Complaint and Confidential TreatmentComplaints may come from Clients or Stakeholders of Coin Cafe. The Chief Compliance Officer will handle all complaint information sensitively and confidentially, following all relevant data protection requirements. The Chief Compliance Officer may designate employees to assist in the investigation of a complaint and those employees will also be charged with maintaining strict confidentiality regarding all facts and circumstances behind the complaint.
Requirements of a ComplaintComplaints submitted to Coin Cafe by telephone, email or regular mail will be logged and recorded. All complaints must include the following information:
- Date and description of the incident;
- Name of the person thought to be responsible for the alleged incident;
- Characterization of the complaint;
- Any documentation that may support the complaint; and
- If submitting a complaint via regular mail or email,the signature of the person initiating the complaint is required.
Should you wish to make a formal complaint, please download this CLIENT COMPLAINT FORM, fill out and submit it.
Where to Report a ComplaintWritten complaints may be mailed to Coin Cafe, 240 Kent Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11249, or by email at [email protected] Verbal complaints may be made by phone to (347) 454-2646.
Complaints may also be submitted to the New York Department of Financial Services (“NYDFS”) at http://www.dfs.ny.gov/consumer/fileacomplaint.htm or can be mailed to:
Department of Financial Services
Consumer Assistance Unit
One Commerce Plaza
Albany, NY 12257
The NYDFS Consumer Hotline can also be reached at (212) 480-6400 or toll-free (800) 342-3736 (Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM).
Error Resolution for ACH Transactions
(1) Errors or Questions about Transactions
Please contact us by emailing us at [email protected] (1) if you believe a transaction receipt or a statement is wrong, or (2) if you need more information about a transaction on the receipt or statement. For consumer accounts, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we sent you the first statement on which the error or problem appeared. For business accounts, we must hear from you within one (1) business day of us sending you a receipt. Your inquiry must include: (x) your name, email associated with your account, and your account number (if available); (y) a description of the error or the transaction you are unsure about, and a clear explanation of why you believe there is an error or why you need more information; and (z) the dollar amount of the suspected error. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your inquiry via email within ten (10) business days.
(2) Time Periods
Ten-Day Time Period - Coin Cafe will investigate promptly and, except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, shall determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days of receiving a notice of error. Coin Cafe shall report the results to the consumer in writing within three business days after completing its investigation. Coin Cafe shall correct the error within one business day after determining that an error occurred.
Forty Five-Day Time Period - If Coin Cafe is unable to complete its investigation within 10 business days, Coin Cafe may take up to 45 days from receipt of a notice of error to investigate and determine whether an error occurred, provided Coin Cafe does the following:
(1) Provisionally credits the consumer's account in the amount of the alleged error (including interest where applicable) within 10 business days of receiving the error notice. Coin Cafe need not provisionally credit the consumer's account if:
- Coin Cafe does not receive written confirmation within 10 business days of an oral notice of error; or
- The alleged error involves an account that is subject to Regulation T (Securities Credit by Brokers and Dealers, 12 CFR part 220)
(2)Informs the consumer, within two business days after the provisional crediting, of the amount and date of the provisional crediting and gives the consumer full use of the funds during the investigation;
(3) Corrects the error, if any, within one business day after determining that an error occurred; and
(4) Reports the results to the consumer within three business days after completing its investigation (including, if applicable, notice that a provisional credit has been made final).
(3) Extension of time periods. The time periods described above may be extended as follows:
- Extension of Ten-Day Time Period - The time limit for resolution is extended to 20 business days in place of 10 business days if the notice of error involves an electronic fund transfer to or from the account within 30 days after the first deposit to the account was made; or
- Extension of Forty Five-Day Time Period - The time limit for resolution is extended to 90 days in place of 45 days for completing an investigation, if a notice of error involves an electronic fund transfer that occurred within 30 days after the first deposit to the account was made.